BRLF is implementing a project named “Strengthening Civil Society Action for Transforming Lives of the Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups of Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh” with the support of the European Union.
The objective of the project is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the particularity vulnerable tribal groups and Dalits of Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand; the specific objective of the project are as follows:
- To enhance the quality of outcomes of the grassroots CSO intervention in the areas of water and clean energy in the wake of increasing climate change.
- To build the capacities of CSOs in resource mobilization, advocacy and policy dialogue
- To drive innovations in program content and strategy for improved climate resilience in water and clean energy sector.
Area of Operation:
The project is implementing in about 279 villages of 4 blocks in 3 districts of Madhya Pradesh and two blocks of 2 districts in Jharkhand.
No of Villages
- 100 Self-managed people’s institutions formed and strengthened
- Technical knowledge and skills of CSOs in planning and management of interventions in thematic areas increased
- Availability of water for crop irrigation increased
- Access to clean and affordable energy solutions at household and community level increased
- Improved practices of climate change adaptation and mitigation adopted at the community level
- 100 CSOs capacitated in resource mobilisation and supported to raise domestic resources (how to design resource mobilisation plan and execute)
- 100 CSOs capacitated in Advocacy and Policy Dialogue (how to develop and execute advocacy plan and engage in policy dialogue)
- Innovations in Information Communication Technology (ICT), community-based training on renewable energy (solar) and Community-based veterinary para-medics developed
- Pilots in Participatory Ground Water Management and Solar Water Pumps developed in climate vulnerable villages
Key Result Areas:
- Capacity building of institutions for self – management
- Improved technical knowledge and skills of CSOs in the planning and management of interventions in thematic areas like Water, Clean Energy, and Climate Change
- Increased availability of water for crop – irrigation
- Increased access to clean and affordable energy solution at household and community level
- Climate change mitigation and adaption
- Capacity building for around 100 CSOs in Resource Mobilization and Advocacy
- Advocacy with government and other stakeholders for policy change
- Innovations around proposed themes
Total approved project cost is 1074801.00 Euro for the period of three years (April – 2018 to March 2021) for 20,000 households in 05 district of Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Project related important Reports:
1st Interim Report
Logical framework report
EU team monitoring visit report